Meany & Oliver Companies, Inc.
Ms. Oliver co-founded Meany & Oliver Companies Inc. in 2004. The firm provides investment, leasing and consulting services in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Major transactions have included the 625,000 square foot Corporate Executive Board lease at Waterview which, at the time, was the largest private sector office lease ever completed in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and the 300,000 square foot build-to-suit lease with Chemonics International at The Yards. Major clients have included Alexandria City Public Schools, American Physical Therapy Association, Brookfield Properties, The JBG Companies, Forest City, Peterson Companies, Quadrangle Development, Southern Management Corporation, United Mine Workers of America, Weisbrod Matteis & Copley and The Wilkes Company.
Principal, 1999 – 2004
The JBG Companies
Ms. Oliver had overall responsibility for the leasing and management of The JBG Companies’ entire commercial portfolio. This portfolio consisted of approximately 20 million square feet of office space, both existing and under development. Projects included 1601 K Street, Potomac Center, Arlington Gateway, Chase Tower, 1801 N. Lynn Street and Twinbrook Metro Center. Major transactions included Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, Watson Wyatt, The Ritz Carlton Headquarters, and CapitalSource. Additionally, she completed over one million square feet of GSA leases including the FEMA Headquarters lease and the State Department lease at 1801 N. Lynn Street.
Senior Vice President, 1990 – 1999
Grubb & Ellis of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Ms. Oliver directed the activities of the suburban leasing and sales operations. She was an active broker representing the interests of major developers and significant tenants in the marketplace. Clients included IBM, ADP, Kaiser Permanente, Lerner Enterprises, Prudential, and The JBG Companies. As a member of Grubb & Ellis’ Circle of Excellence, Ms. Oliver was designated as one of the top 100 brokers at Grubb & Ellis.
Commercial Real Estate Broker, 1977-1990
Ms. Oliver was an active leasing and sales broker at Barrueta & Associates and Rubloff, Inc. At both firms, she earned top producer awards. She started her career at The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States where she was responsible for leasing, disposition, sales and asset management.
Ms. Oliver graduated from Goucher College with a B.A. in Economics and received an MBA in finance from The George Washington University.
Organizations and Awards
Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors, now CREBA (1986 – Present)
- Realtor of the Year and Past President
- Million Dollar Leasing & Sales Club, Life Member, Multiple Top Producer Awards and Sales and Lease Transactions of the Year Awards
- Member of the President’s Council
National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) (1986 – present)
- Life Member of the Board of Directors of the Northern Virginia chapter
- Recipient of both the Transaction of the Year in Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia
- Founding member and Past President of the Maryland/DC chapter
Commercial Real Estate Women
- Founding Member and Past President
The George Washington University School of Business
- Member of the Board of Advisors (2008-2011)
- Current Chair and member of the Board of Advisors for the Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis (2012-present)
Arlington Public Schools
- Past Chair and member of the Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs (2007-2011)